Impressive as they are in academics, these students from UCLA enjoy and practice the arts in their lives, and through it all, they make an impact in other people’s lives. Whether producing a great user experience with technology or laughter, or entertaining and teaching hip hop dance, this group does it from the heart and makes a difference.
UCLA dental student Elaine takes pride in her artistic pursuits and enjoys singing, storytelling and painting. Oh, and food.
This communications and political science student wants to make an impact. Having a bad day? Dayanara loves to make people laugh. 🙂
Meet another impressive dental student at UCLA. Eric has conducted HIV research through programs at Harvard and Oxford. This Renaissance Man is also a classic violinist who has taught hip hop dance to kids in Taiwan.
Things to do at UCLA
1. Fowler Museum — A fantastic museum right here on campus and admission is free! The Fowler has more than 150,000 art and ethnographic pieces and 600,000 archaeological objects.
2. Planetarium Show and Telescope Viewing — Did you even know there was a planetarium on campus? Don’t expect a Pink Floyd laser light show, but do expect informative talks on topics such as “Galaxies” and “Life in the Universe.” On clear nights, you will have the opportunity to look through the telescope.
3. Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden — This 7 acre garden includes plant specimens from all over the world. Admission is free and tours can be arranged for groups of eight or more. Another great way to spend your lunch time.
4. Hollywood Forever Cemetery — Learn about Hollywood’s past and present and see the graves of stars such as Rudolph Valentino, John Huston, Peter Lorre, Jayne Mansfield, Johnny Ramone, Cecil B. DeMile, “Alfalfa” from the Little Rascals and many more.
5. Fox Westwood Theatre — Bruins have been going to the Fox Theatre since it opened in 1931. Try and catch a red carpet premiere.