As the about.me Community Manager, you’ll be working full-time from our San Francisco office at the helm of a vibrant community of people across the world who love to use social media to show off who they are and discover and connect with others on about.me. We’re looking for a community manager who is extremely self driven, and wants to build a career in social media or marketing but is not afraid to step into the community via customer support.
- Loves social media and is able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of what’s cool and trendy in the digital media space.
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- You live in the Bay Area but consider yourself to be globally knowledgeable.
- Loves to write. Anything and everything from marketing pieces to personal blog posts and tweets.
- Enjoys helping others. Patient and accustomed to working with customers across the U.S. and the world.
About the job:
- Customer support. Help and serve our global community of users through in depth knowledge of the site.
- Social Media. Manage professional social media accounts from Twitter and Facebook to Meerkat and Instagram.
- Writing. Write compelling blog content, including but not limited to: interviews, tips posts, and product announcements.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to the Director of Marketing and those who support you at about.me.
- Statistics. Keep track of metrics across the blog and social media to measure and improve performance.
- Startup. Ability to work well in a small company or startup environment. Knowledgeable about the startup world as a whole.
- 4-year college/university degree.
- Currently living in the Bay Area
- Experience with social networking, customer support, WordPress and analytics tools.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Email email@example.com:
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- about.me page and Backstory