We’re always on the lookout for partnerships that expand our offerings and benefit our users. We’ve found such a partnership with WordPress and are thrilled to announce the about.me WordPress widget.
The beauty of this widget is that you have an instantly populated about section for your blog with your about.me content. Not only is it visual but it connects your readers with who you are and where you have a presence online.
And, it automatically updates as you use the services you’ve connected or edit your biography at about.me. It’s a realtime snapshot of who you are, always.
To add this to your WordPress.com blog:
1. Go to the Widgets section of your Appearance settings.
2. Drag the about.me widget to your preferred Widget Area.
3. Add your about.me username to and configure your widget.
To add it to your WordPress.org blog follow these steps:
- Upload the widget archive to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance/Widgets to move the widget into your theme and configure it.
Using the about.me WordPress widget ensures your identity is consistent wherever you are online. Besides personalizing your blog, it’s specific and unique to you.