On April 10, 2012 thousands of people around the globe will be taking off their shoes, to raise awareness on the impact a pair of shoes can have on a child’s life. AOL Impact and about.me are kicking off our effort this week, with a goal of reaching more than 100,000 people by April 10.
There are a few ways you can help:
- Update your about.me background to one of the two TOMS images in the Gallery.
- Add your own personal shoeless background.
- Tag your page #withoutshoes and link to TOMS.
- Tweet links to the campaign and your page with the hashtag #withoutshoes.
- Finally, go shoeless on April 10th to spread the word!
But there’s more! To thank those who have taken action, AOL will be awarding 100 $50 TOMS gift cards to random winners. Learn more about your chance to win.
Let us know in the comments if you’ve updated your background. We’ll be promoting and sharing those pages in the coming weeks.